Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Western Birthday's by Dana Warren


Hello, AI fans!!

I have to cards today featuring some no line coloring using the Long Horn set and the Armadillos Set. Originally I was going to use my Distress Markers to color the images, but as I was deciding what ink to use with my no line coloring picked out some Hero Arts ink and used them to color the images.


Since the Hero Art inks are a dye ink I thought they would act similar to other dye inks. But this was not the case. Coloring with the ink was a bit of challenge, it dried quickly and didn't spread as easily, but I made it worked and I really liked how it turned out!

I stamped both images on watercolor cardstock with Hero Arts Cup of Joe after stamping it off first. Then I used the following Hero Arts inks to color the images: Cup of Joe, Butter Bar, Soft Apricot, Fresh Peach, Green Hills. 


With a stitched rectangle I cut out each image and then used Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to ink up each pannels, even over the images a little bit. This made the cardstock a little less white. I picked out some western-esk pattern paper and inked the edges with the Frayed Burlap. From my stash, I found some denim fabric tape and added it to each panel. 

With Papertrey Ink's Classic Kraft (stamped twice) I stamped the sentiment on each panel. I also found some wood embellishments and I added them and the colored images to each panel. last I adhered each panel to a white card base.


Thanks so much for stopping by!! Happy Stamping!!



3 comments:

Karen Day said...

Two great masculine cards, Dana! I love the effect you got with the ink - really works with the western feel of the cards :o)

Cheri Burry said...

Awesome "no line colouring", makes the western theme feel vintage too!

katieo said...

Great coloring technique. I love the western images