Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Chicken!! by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I love the Bird Brains collection from Ai.  It's fun to mix and match the images with the sentiments. I needed to make a birthday card for a friend and this was the perfect combination.


I started by stamping Feathered Friends 1880 onto Canson XL watercolor paper with Jet Black Archival ink.  The image is colored using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I used some water to blend out parts of the chicken with a watercolor brush.  The background paper is from the Authentique Latest and Greatest 6x6 paper pad. It's edged with a silver marker. I stamped the Chicken! 1889 greeting onto a separate piece of paper and attached most of it to the front of the card. I added the chicken!! part to the inside of the card with a piece of extra patterned paper.


Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker Colors Used:
Nest - Bright Yellow 52, Mustard 67
Leaves - Olive green 43
Chicken - Warm gray 2 900, Light Pink 26, Red 20, Orange 70

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!



2 comments:

Donna W said...

So cute, love it! Thanks for sharing.

katieo said...

So funny. I love the way you did the sentiment